Your Case. Our Cause.
- Employment Law 50%
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam Litigation 30%
- Commercial Litigation 10%
- Federal Criminal Defense 10%
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
Rebecca is an Associate with Leonard Trial Lawyers. She focuses her practice on employment, whistleblower/qui tam, and commercial litigation – as well as Federal and State criminal defense. Rebecca has substantial experience in all aspects of litigation, including second-chairing jury trials and arbitrations, taking and defending depositions, and briefing and arguing substantive motions. Her confidence, preparation, work ethic, and skill has quickly placed her among the elite of Chicago Associates at her level.
Notable Experience -
- Served as second chair trial counsel in a 4-day jury trial that resulted in a six-figure verdict in favor of client in a retaliatory discharge/whistleblower lawsuit.
- Negotiated settlement for 35 plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the Village of Bolingbrook as the owner of Clow International Airport.
- Successfully argued contested motion to modify the conditions of pre-trial release, resulting in the removal of client’s location monitoring and curfew.
- Negotiated favorable resolution for client in a domestic violence matter involving an Order of Protection.
- Litigated and obtained favorable settlement in personal injury lawsuit.
- Defeated summary judgment motion in employment discrimination matter on the basis of race and national origin.
- Filed suit and reached highly favorable settlement in employment discrimination matter on the basis of race.
- Mediated and obtained favorable settlement involving an employment discrimination matter on the basis of disability.
- Arbitrated and negotiated favorable settlement in an employment discrimination lawsuit on the basis of age and gender before the American Arbitration Association.
- Negotiated terms and conditions of numerous employment separation agreements.
- Taken and defended dozens of depositions in employment discrimination and retaliation matters.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. with Health Law Certificate
- Honors: Indiana International and Comparative Law Review
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Public Health
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney